Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Waiting

Ok, so in my last post I said that the time up to now seems to have been going fast. Now it seems like it's stopped. The remodel on our house seems to have come to a stop, for no reason, but that we're waiting from a letter from the engineer before the inspector will let us continue. Max is asleep and the other two boys are at school, so it's quiet now. When I'm not busy, or there's no banging in the room next door, (from either the construction workers or the boys), is when it seems to be the hardest. It's also hard when I'm trying to go to sleep. I just lie there in bed and think of all of the things that I'd like to bring for all of the other orphans and wish that I could take 20 bags instead of just the 2. Then I think of even if I could bring everything the orphans need, (warm clothes, school supplies, food, diapers, blankets, new windows for the older boy's orphanage), what they really need are families. I'd probably take every last one of them in if we could. Yesterday I read on someone else's website that they put together baggies for each of the kids. Last night, I laid there and laid there thinking of what things we could put in baggies that are relatively light weight for packing and that the kids would enjoy. It's almost like where do you begin? since they need so much. The Breedlove's just got their referral for their little boy who is an absolute doll!!! What an awesome Christmas present!!! I have to admit that I am a little jealous even though I try not to be. I wish we could only be so lucky. I know that our call will come in due time.  I have a friend who adopted from China and they had to wait 2 years! I don't know how they did it. That seems almost impossible!!!

No comments: