Sunday, December 16, 2007

Waiting and the Bug

Not much to say, it's just been awhile since we've posted. Today makes 11 weeks, 3 days on the wait list. It would be so much fun to get a call by Christmas, but I'm really trying not to get my hopes up. At least the time, up till now, seems to be going relatively fast. I've been busying myself with all of the holiday shopping, Christmas decorating, baking of Christmas cookies, but now all of that is done so I just find myself thinking more and more about when we're going to get the call. I really don't have anything to complain about, seeing that if I were pregnant, I'd only be 6 months pregnant from when we officially started everything. It's just that by now if I were pregnant, I'd have some sort of tangible signs of the upcoming arrival-like kicking, or at least a fat tummy. Anyways, enough of the dwelling.

Today is a perfectly gorgeous day, but unfortunately, we've been passing around a stomach bug and can't enjoy it. I was nauseous all day yesterday, Max threw up all over himself in the car on the way to Scott's sister's house where we were going to celebrate an early Christmas. (His grandparents were in town for a long weekend, so we all thought we'd celebrate with them while they were in town.) Oscar threw up at Scott's sister's house, while Scott was giving Max a bath from his throw up while I laid on the couch since I wasn't feeling well. Oscar again threw up after we got home, and then Bryce threw up pizza all over the carpet in the middle of the night. There's nothing like cleaning up a bright orange stain in the carpet at 2:30 in the morning. Now Scott is beginning to feel a little sick. At least I and the kids are on the upswing and so far it seems to be a 24 hour thing . (I hope.)

No comments: