Friday, February 1, 2008

eh - nay !!!!

I give the blog to Emily for one night and she turns in into a novel... In case you didn't realize, I am more of a numbers & cliff notes guy.

2 things to add and a picture.

1) Yes super emotional, super draining day.

2) At the 2nd orphanage, all the kids loved to have their picture taken and then loved it even more when you show them their picture on the screen. So much so, that they were pushing each other to see my 2" screen, so I decided to just take pictures. The kept shouting EH NAY EH NAY! (spelling? - ene?) and our driver said that means "me". After about 30 pictures without an end in site (taking one picture didn't satisfy the thirst), i just put the camera in my pocket and started saying EH NAY EH NAY over and over and turning in circles. They thought this was quite funny. Luckily the head lady rang the bell and most them ran inside for some school work before I had to come up with a new brilliant plan.

-------

We ordered traditional ethiopian food for room service tonight. Nevaeh loves that Injera.


4 comments:

Andrea said...

What an amazing, life changing experience you guys are having - all three of you! I'm continuing to pray for you. The pictures of Nevaeh are so precious and the Gaszak clan can't wait to meet her!

Jocelyn said...

Your daughter is so beautiful:-) I had a question, I am leaving to bring my daughter home next week. I was curious how you were accessing blogger from the Hilton..I'd heard it was blocked. Would you mind sharing??
jocbro@cox.net

thanks! Safe travels and I hope everyone gets to feeling better.

Quinn Girls said...

Congrats. She is so, so sweet. I am sorry I did not get pics to you before you left. Time got away from me. I'm so glad to see you holding your little cutie. The updates are great and I'm so impressed that you are sending video.

mama becca said...

love the stories and pictures... keep them coming!!!