Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Kolfe Feast

Quick note: We are leaving today so we have last minute shopping and
we have to pack but I wanted to post some pictures of the Kolfe feast.

It was awesome. We got there at 9am and talk a bit with the boys,
then we met the 5 sheep, then we... ehh umm "dressed" the sheep and
prepared the meal. All of the boys helped with the meal and I got
some great photos of the Kolfe Mommas cooking. These boys are the
most wonderful kids you can imagine and we really enjoyed spending so
much time with them. We finally at at about 1:30pm and had some
fantastic fellowship with them. At one point a man cam around with
the "special dish" and all the boys pointed to a spot near me for him
to scoop some out on. They said "try it try it", and had a very
mischievous look on their faces. I told them to try it first and
they hesitated before finnaly trying it and putting on a fake "yummy"
face. I asked Belay what it was.... stomach. I didn't try it.
Funny boys. Emily ended up eating it with out knowing (she was at
a different table).

Last pic was at another orphanage, we gave them a 24ft parachute.
They had a blast with it.

7 comments:

emily said...

Awesome! What a wonderful experience for everyone.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great birthday celebration, Scott! Congrats again and safe travels to you all. Can't wait to hear/see how the boys welcome their new sister home. We love you and miss you guys!

Liz said...

y'all are amazing!! I can't wait to meet your cute girl.

Ellie said...

Wow! You guys got some great pictures.
Sweet Genano sure loves babies! He took Josiah from us as soon as we got there and i can see he enjoyed having Nevaeh too!

Ellie said...

One question, We had sent some pictures to the boys with the martins and I was wondering if that was them that they were looking at in the first picture? Maybe not but I just thought I would ask.
Ellie

The Page Family said...

Yea! Thank you! Finally we see Aschalo! I scan everyone's pics from Kolfe and never see him in any of them. I am so glad to see him and see his HUGE smile! He is the one in yellow sitting next to Belay at the dinner table. Did you get a chance to meet him and talk to him? He's a great kid and I can't wait to hear that someone is going to adopt him and his sweet sisters. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Becky

Ryan & Abby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.