Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Gotcha!

Today was a very good day.  I am finally able to post some pictures.   Emily said she wanted to post a few things later on.

As expected, Kidist was scared yesterday, but fortunately she latched on to Emily for comfort.  By the end of the day, she started coming out of her shell.  

Today was completely opposite, she woke up very happy and loud!  She was singing, talking, making jokes and at one point going into full diva mode (Emily's sunglasses finished the look).  We had and will continue to have a lot of downtime  at the guest house b/c we are not allowed to take Kidist out around town (Ethiopia rules and Gladney policy).  

She is such an amazing little girl.  You can see her mind churn.  Language has been ok, and we are learning some key phrases to help the next few months.  

This afternoon, we completed the official last step and had our embassy appointment.  We will pick up her passport and immigration paperwork on Thursday.  

12 comments:

Barbara Milhizer said...

Amazing! Congratulations. Takes me back 6 years.

Heather said...

So happy for you. She is a doll!!!

Ginny Lydick said...

I'm so glad this time has finally come. She is adorable and I can't wait to meet her. Enjoy these next few days. Hugs and kisses

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She's adorable!
-Amy Vermillion

Robert De Franceschi said...

Wonderfull guys, I am so proud and happy for you and that little girl. Good job.

Jessie Carter said...

Awesome you guys!! I haven't been able to stop thinking about this time in your life and how exciting it is!! I love you all so much and can't wait to meet her! You guys hve truly given her a once in a lifetime opportunity!

amy gee said...

Thanks for sharing the blog with me. I am so happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

So Excited to meet Little Miss Kidist! What a cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

Sorry that last comment was from me!
Love you guys,
Wendy, Austin, Cole, Dylan, and Piper

Adam Carter said...

Congratulations guys! Travel Safely. Adam

David Friedland said...

Truly Amazing!! Congratulations

Cramos said...

So happy for our family... These photos warm my heart