Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Two Data Points

Well, I thought Emily would be the one waiting by the phone, but it seems that it is more the case with me. I am not a very patient person plus I am a very analytical person (its my job).

Anyway, I just found out that a Gladney Family in the process of adopting an infant girl recieved their referral yesterday, exactly 15 weeks and 4 days from their official wait list date.

Also the parents at Timm & Jennifer got their referral for an infant girl 15 weeks and 2 days after the wait list began.

Given that our wait list date was Sept. 27th, that would put us at Jan 12-14th to receive "the call". Very very exciting. We were originally told that the normal is 3-5months although it seems to be quicker for those adopting boys. So 15 weeks definately falls in the middle of that range.

I have to admit, I have been thinking how wonderful a christmas present "the call" would be.

Everyone sing with me, "All I want for christmas is the re-fer-rall call, the re-fer-rall call, oh the re-fer-rall call...."

7 comments:

Amy B. said...

I am right there with you...all I want for Christmas is a referral call too! Here's to keeping our fingers crossed for all of us! We went on the waitlist Sept. 19th for a baby boy and that call can not come soon enough. I will be watching for yours too. Amy

-Samantha- said...

Thank you so much for informing us of that, I'm updating our blog today and your information truly hit the spot.

Jana said...

That is SO exciting!!!!

Beau Fournet said...

No singing from me:) But defintely praying you get the call soon!!!!

jennifer said...

I hope you get that Christmas call!!!!

familyinflux said...

Thank you for putting it like that. It makes it seem a little closer for me. I hope to see your referral post soon!

familyinflux said...

Thank you for putting it like that. It makes it seem a little closer for me. I hope to see your referral post soon!